POSITION TITLE: Manufacturing Technician REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: MILCOTS Direct Labor LOCATION: Mahwah, NJ
FLSA: Non-Exempt SOC/EEO Code: 17-3029 / 1550
Job Description: The Manufacturing Technician ensures that products are manufactured to specifications and high-quality standards. This position assembles and packages sub-assemblies, accessories and finished products per documented specifications communicated through engineering-controlled manufacturing work instructions.
- Build product subassemblies/final assemblies; troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
- Perform processes to complete mechanical, electrical/optical assemblies using calibrated tools and test equipment’
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Clean production equipment or work areas.
- Complete assignments as directed with minimal supervision following written procedures, drawings and schematics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 1-2 years Electronic experience
- Minimum Associates Degree or Technical School Certifications for Electronics
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance;
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology;
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Reading and understanding drawings and schematics.
- Judgment and decision making
- Operation monitoring
- Repairing existing units
- Operating common electronic test equipment (e.g. Hipot, optical power meters, multimeters, etc.)
United States Citizen or Permanent Resident required.