MILCOTS has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the Engineering Team in Mahwah, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for leadership related to research, design, integration, and documentation of ruggedized computers and monitors for military application. Additional responsibilities include mentoring, decision making related to specifications, BOM, product qualification, validation, production and customer support. This position works closely with project manager, customers, quality, production, and sales organization to support development activities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, document, create or modify existing designs based on specifications from customers and sales.
- Lead architecting and integrating complex system designs.
- Strong understanding of EMC/EMI (Radiated and Conducted Emissions) testing
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creation of product documentation including wiring list, schematic diagrams, and build of materials (BOM).
- Clear understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Provide hands-on experience and manufacturing support.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting with internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, and organizational skills.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- S. in Electrical or Electronics Engineering and minimum of 10 years’ work experience with at least 2 year in Defense or Aerospace industry.
- Experience with electrical design tools (PADS, Altium).
- Experience in system level programming (C/C++)
- Understanding of various MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Hands on lab equipment skills (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope).
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Motivated, positive, self-started with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time.
Due to the military nature of our activities and associated regulations, only candidates bearing US citizenship will be considered.