MILCOTS has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager for electronic manufacturer to join the Engineering Team in Mahwah, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for program and schedule management, program review coordination with internal and external customers, planning and budget development for product qualification. This position will be a cross-functional link between the customer, engineering, production, and sales.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage schedule from purchase order to production.
- Identify critical paths, task, dates, testing and acceptance criteria and ensure all efforts stay on track.
- Implement improvements in external documentation and drawing to improve customer understanding.
- Interface daily with production, purchasing, engineering, and customers to manage ongoing projects.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting with internal and external teams.
- Respond to any question or concerns presented by the customer or internal/external teams.
- Assist sales team with technical product inquires or support.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- BS. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. (Mechanical engineering is preferred) and 10 years work experience or equivalent with 4 years of managing Defense projects.
- Excellent understanding of the DOD program management process and methodology (experience elaborating CDRL and preparing key milestones such as SSR, PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR...)
- Excellent understanding of various MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Proficient with CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Motivated, positive, self-started with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time.
Due to the military nature of our activities and associated regulations, only candidates bearing US citizenship will be considered.