MILCOTS has an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join the Engineering Team in Mahwah, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for development of test fixtures, documentation, and component test of ruggedized computers, LCD’s, and monitors for military application. This position works closely with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacture engineers, quality, production, and sales organization to support development activities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain test fixtures and test plans for new product development and sustaining activities.
- Design, build, document, and automate custom test fixtures.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Provide technical support to the production technicians.
- Modification of product documentation including wiring list, schematic diagrams, and build of materials (BOM).
- Clear understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Provide hands-on experience and manufacturing support.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, and organizational skills.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- BS. in Electrical or Electronics Engineering and 4-6 years’ work experience.
- Excellent schematic, wire list, and test knowledge.
- Automated test software design (VB.NET, C#, C++, LabView)
- Understanding of various MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Hands on lab equipment skills (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope).
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Motivated, positive, self-started with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time.
Due to the military nature of our activities and associated regulations, only candidates bearing US citizenship will be considered.