MILCOTS has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Engineering Team in Mahwah, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for leadership related to mechanical design and development task, integration, and documentation of ruggedized computers and monitors for military application. Additional responsibilities include mentoring, decision making related to specifications, BOM, product qualification, validation, production and customer support. This position works closely with project manager, customers, quality, production, and sales organization to support development activities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strong background in electromechanical design.
- Strong background in thermal management of electronic enclosures
- Modify/REDLINE existing designs based on specifications from production, customers and sales.
- Lead architecting and integrating complex system designs.
- Strong understanding of EMC/EMI.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creation of product documentation including wiring list, mechanical parts list, and build of materials (BOM).
- Solid understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Provide hands-on experience and manufacturing support.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting with internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, and organizational skills.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- BS. in Mechanical Engineering and minimum of 10 years’ work experience with at least 2-4 years’ in Defense or Aerospace industry.
- Strong understanding of Solidworks file data management and part libraries.
- Strong understanding of designing in Solidworks software.
- Solid understanding of various MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Strong understanding of metal enclosure designs and coating techniques, painting, silkscreen, anodizing, and graphics overlays.
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Motivated, positive, self-started with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time.
Due to the military nature of our activities and associated regulations, only candidates bearing US citizenship will be considered.